Tuesday, February 17, 2009

GamJams Reviews: Chamois Cream - Vagisil

I need to state for the record that I have never in my entire 46 years used chamois cream. And I started riding when shorts were wool and chamois was real. I can also state for the record I have never had a full blown saddle boil either. I have had the occasional chafe and rash. And by occasional, I mean maybe twice a year. The chafe and rash have never been severe enough to warrant the use of chamois cream on a regular basis. That's were Vagisil comes in. If i happen to have a little irritation down in the man parts region, Vagisil cures what ails me and in less then 24 hrs, it's like it never happened.

I guess I'm just lucky that way. I can tell you all that during race season, on race day, I've got cycling shorts on for 12+ hours. (Yeah i know, yuck!) I wear them under my protective overpants when I ride the moto. I've found nothing that will stack up to a pair of cycling shorts for an all day ride. I cant say I've never had Monkey Butt after a 400 mile day, but chamois cream wont help that anyway. There's a powder for that!

I don't use that either.

Cheers,

FGR

(In case you're wondering, I am man enough to buy my own damn tube of Vagisil. I dont make my wife get it for me)

7 comments:

Chuck Hutcheson said...

The only thing about Vagisil is it tastes nasty.

GamJams said...

"I am man enough to buy my own damn tube of Vagisil." That's a keeper.

Anonymous said...

Chuck,
Why are you eating Vagisil???

Peps want to know.

Fatguy Racer said...

Anon - think about your question for a moment...

Now do you get it?

Anonymous said...

I think we know. But the question is why would you even attempt... Don't you do the sniff test first?????

Oh yeah.. I remember, Chuck can't smell anything.. read his blog on his feet.

Egad!!!

LookersMom said...

way way more than I ever wanted to know about you Dude.

Fatguy Racer said...

Ease up Sis! I liken this blog entry to a PSA. I'm doing a service here.